This is a game of concentration and quick reflexes. It’s really fun to play. I call it:
The Clapping Circle
How to Play:
- Have the group form a circle. They must kneel or lie flat on their stomach and have their hands in front of them.
- Have each student interchange their hands so that the space in front of them contains not only one of their hands but someone elses. So, that pattern should be: your own hand, hand of person on your left, your own hand, hand of person on your right.
- The teacher leads the group by having each person tapping their hand on the ground in a clockwise direction. Then repeat but in an anti-clockwise direction.
- Up the competition by allowing the students to control which direction the tap moves in by adding in a double tap to change the direction.
- If students are too slow or pick their hand up to tap out of turn, they are out and must remove their hand from the circle.
- The last two students in are the winners.