This a super quick activity to get your student’s thinking about the delivery of dialogue in performance.
- Select a student to stand facing the wall at one end of the room.
- Have the remaining student’s in the class form a straight line behind the chosen student.
- Choose a line of dialogue, for example, “I love you.”
- Have each student say the line to the person at the other end of the room.
- The solo student should only turn around if they believe the person who delivered the line.
Swap students and lines. Obtain feedback from the student’s after each round. Remember, each person will have a different point of view when it comes to the delivery of lines. It’s important to let the student’s know this so they don’t become disheartened if someone doesn’t turn around for them.