I pulled out an old favourite this week to play with my students. Give this one a go when you want to build energy, test reflexes and concentration.
1. Start in a circle.
2. Students clap their hands, turn to their left, make eye contact with the person next to them and say “Zip!”
3. Each student does this around the circle until the Zip returns to the starting person.
4. Students then clap their hands, turn to their right, make eye contact with the person next to them and say “Zap!”
5. Each student does this around the circle until the Zap returns to the starting person.
6. Start off with “Zip” again but at any time, any one in the circle can change the direction to “Zap!”
7. Students can also re-direct the energy flow by saying “Boing!” across the circle. The person it is directed at needs to duck quickly and then continue to pass the energy flow around the circle in either direction.
8. If a person is too slow when they duck they are out.